is just a sampling of the year-long schedule of events surrounding
- the 20th Anniversary of the founding of The Nocturnes! These include
Workshops, courses at various educational institutions in the San Francisco
Bay and Boston areas,
Exhibits (both online and "bricks 'n' mortar"), field trips, Alumni
events - and more!
Return often, as we are posting new events and updates weekly!
• Starting January 6, 2011 we are offering, at SF Photo
Center, a series of 3 related
courses (to run 11 weeks total - then repeat for the Spring): A History
Night Photography, Introduction to NPy, and Advanced Night Photography
• "TheNocturnes@20" publication release party / celebration
of Steve Harper's
80th Birthday / and a great way to kickoff our 20th - January 29.
• "20@24" - The Nocturnes visit Pier 24 Gallery in
San Francisco on Feb 10 (Alumni only)
• Mare Island Nocturne (part of SF Flyway Festival) February 12
• Open submissions period for "All along the Lee Shore" online
exhibit Feb 24 - April 29
• Island Night (on Mare Island) Feb 26 (Alumni only)
College of Marin (7-week course - Spring 2011) April 1 - May 20
• A History of Night Photography (ViewPoint Gallery) April 16
• Introduction to Night Photography (ViewPoint Gallery) April 23
• Joshua Tree Nat'l Park Full Moon NPy Workshop w/co-instructor Lance
Keimig May 13-15
• Night Photography (RayKo Photo Center, S.F.) w/co-instructor Lance
Keimig June 18-19
• "All along the Lee Shore" exhibit at site TBA - July/August
• San Francisco - Full Moon NPy Workshop w/co-instructor Tom Paiva,
• "The Nocturnes: East-West" exhibit at Three Columns
Gallery, Harvard Univ; Nov - Jan
Learn more about the History of The Nocturnes here.
out more about the year-long schedule of events surrounding